Broadcast TEXTING Released
️For BETA TESTING
You can now use the BROADCAST TEXT feature.
Even though we've tested it from many angles, sometimes the best testing is when a lot of folks test it - therefore it was decided we need more broadscale testing and, hopefully, feedback.
Right now it is ONLY the "broadcast" text message that is released for testing.
We Provide You With a FREE Local Phone Number!
- You get a real phone number and only you will use it.
- You will select your own number based on your choice of area codes.
- Your messages won't look like spam to your contacts.
- Your messages will feel personal because they are personal.
- When you send one message to several people, it will arrive as a personal text, not a group text.
Recommended Prerequisites To Testing
You will need your MAIN subscription list created. This is your main email and text subscription list - but for now, it should be set up with all the contacts that you will want to communicate with via EMAIL. This short video should show you how easy it is to create a list.
For example Jane Doe's Essential Oil News (insert your name)
Give it a description they will understand, such as: "I will send you relevant, periodic product news, tips & education. This is a great resource for you!"
Using The Broadcast Texting Feature
First, you'll need to select your FREE text messaging number.
Request a text messaging number on the Settings > Profile page (pick one in the area code of your preference).
Now you should be ready to invite text contacts to your MAIN subscription list for texting. Follow the instructions below:
1. Select the contacts you will be contacting via text, by putting a check next to their name. (To make this faster, you can sort the contacts by the phone number column).
2. Click on the "ACTIONS" button and select "Add to list".
3. Select your MAIN subscription list from the drop-down.
4. Checkmark the "subscribe to text messages" button.
5. Click on INVITE to your list (inviting is better for texting, so you know you have a valid text number).
6. Click Add.
7. Confirm that everything is correct - when you click the button, all the contacts you have selected will be sent an invite text message (or just a welcome message if you chose that option).
What is a campaign?
A campaign comes in two flavors - Broadcast and Series. A broadcast is a single message to an audience. A series is multiple messages scheduled to send to an audience (a subscription list).
What Is Meant By Marketing Credits?
Essenty is charged per email and per text that is sent. To make this service scaleable for teams of all sizes, we created a credit system that will debit your "bank of credits" as you send emails or texts. We call these credits "marketing credits." For details CLICK HERE.
Will I be able to add images to my text messages?
Good question and the answer is YES, but not until the basic text feature has been tested by enough of you all.
What other things will I be able to do with the text platform?
Once basic texting is running smooth, the rest of the marketing system will be completed. This includes drip emails & texts. We will do our best to provide the functions that you are used to and need.
How will I know if someone sends me a text reply to my outbound texts?
Replies will be found in your back office in the "Inbox" located in the left navigation (see the screenshot below). From there you will be able to text chat back & forth, just click on their name anytime you want to send them a new (one-off) message as well.