Adding Facebook Messenger to your website provides you with live chat.
Live chat allows you to instantly communicate with your website visitors via instant messaging. The chat simply appears within their browser window, and the website visitor can chat with an operator by typing into the live chatbox.
1. Go to your own Facebook Business page (not your group, not your personal FB)
2. Click on “settings”
3. Select “ADVANCED MESSAGING”
4. Scroll down to “Whitelisted Domains” and enter your Essenty URL (best to copy it from the address bar to get it exact, you need YOUR ESSENTY website address, not your personal domain name - You can copy it from your back office). Then SAVE.
5. Then look over to the left sidebar and click on MESSAGING
6. Once this open, scroll down to ADD MESSENGER TO YOUR WEBSITE
7. You follow the directions but BE SURE to enter your entire Essenty URL (same as above, it has to be exact)
8. CHOOSE OPTION TO INSTALL, "I'll install the code myself"
9. Copy the code that you see in the right box -- IMPORTANT: Only copy these words and everything below it:
9B. (NOTE: You might have to copy all the code to a notepad in order to copy only the wording that is needed.)
10. Don't click FINISH until you have it pasted in your back office AND tested it.
10. Log in to your Essenty back office. (you can login from www.essenty.com)
11. Navigate to "Settings" then "My Website"
12. Scroll down and click on ADVANCED SETTINGS
13. Paste your code into the box provided
15. Test your website and see if it works....
NOT Working? TROUBLESHOOTING:
If you checked your website and it appears GONE, with only a white screen showing you need to fix the code. See below.